We teach Kenpō Karate, which blends Chinese circular movements and hard Japanese linear movements to produce an effective self-defense system. Our students experience the beauty of the traditional Martial Arts and gain a strong sense of DISCIPLINE and CONFIDENCE that are essential for real-life situations.
WHO WE ARE
- NEIGHBORHOOD-STYLE DOJO: We have built a community where we all know and support each other. We don’t believe in egos but instead believe in fostering attitudes that are encouraging and helpful.
- OPEN DOOR POLICY: We welcome you! We are open for every kind of student, regardless of whether you are 7 or 70, male or female, nerdy or the cool kid. We don’t care. We like nerds, anyway. We also take in special needs students who have focus issues. The point is, we work with all people, and if you want martial arts in your life, we will help you incorporate it!
- INDIVIDUAL PROGRAMMING: We design your personal program to fit who you are. Every student receives at least a 30min private lesson a week
- FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: If you don’t have time to come out to the dojo, we will drive to you!
- BASIC ELEMENTS: We focus on a balance of discipline, respect, and trust. These three elements are important in any dojo in order to learn and become your best self.
- INSTRUCTORS: Our team consists of a small group of highly certified instructors. You will have consistency and growth in developing relationships with our main instructors.
DOJO CODE OF CONDUCT
- No shoes in the dojo
- Bow when leaving or entering the dojo
- No food, gum, or drink allowed in the dojo
- Please keep noise level at a minimum in the lobby at ALL times
- Absolute silence when other students are meditating
- Remove jewelry before class/private lessons
- Silence cell phones and refrain from talking on cell phones in lobby
- Full uniforms (clean & odorless) are required for all classes and tests
- School t-shirts may be worn during Summer season only
- Black uniforms may be worn at the rank of Purple Belt
- Black and white uniforms may not be mixed
- All uniforms/t-shirts must display school logo
- Always kneel while putting on or removing your belt
- Always kneel while a Black Belt is putting on or removing their belt
- If a class is kneeling and meditating, you should also kneel and meditate
- Time in the dojo should be spent practicing your material, stretching or warming up
- Do not disturb or watch someone else’s private lesson
- Do not teach other students new material, unless asked to do so by an instructor… this will only create confusion
- Do not climb on or use dojo equipment for anything other than its intended use
- Do not walk through a class in progress…politely walk around and/or behind it
- Absolutely NO sparring/grappling without supervision of a Black Belt Instructor
- Groin protectors are required for all male students and chest protectors are highly recommended for female students
- Always refer to your instructor as “Sensei,” “Sir,” or “Ma’am”
- Never suggest or inquire about your next rank test